On a cool but dry Saturday morning, six members of Biggar Ramblers welcomed a member of Tweeddale Ramblers for their walk into the Pentlands.
From Nine Mile Burn the group headed North up to Scroggy Hill and onwards to the Font Stone and Monks Rig. Records indicate that the Font Stone dates back to at least 1794. It was a stone base for an ornamented cross which apparently was found at the foot of the hill in 1809. The walk then continued over Cap Law and on to the foot of West Kip. While enjoying a lunch break here, one of the keener members of the group sprinted up West Kip. The route now took the group back towards Nine Mile Burn passing by Braid Law.
The walk was taken at a leisurely pace, and enjoyed by all.
